proud provider of
American Red Cross Health & Safety Training
Why take the American Red Cross babysitter's class?
Since 1981, the American Red Cross has build a foundation of training youth to be great babysitters. Today the program reaches about 120,000 youth nationwide each year.
The American Red Cross is the leader in babysitting classes and child care training - and will prepare you to become one of the most capable trusted and in-demand sitters in your neighborhood. In fact, 8 in 10 surveyed parents said they would pay more for a trained babysitter who holds Red Cross babysitting certificates. Start your babysitting business on the right foot and learn how to be a safe, professional and reliable sitter. The American Red Cross offers babysitter's training that's not only convenient, but valuable to you and the families you care for
The American Red cross babysitting course can help you provide quality care to children of all ages. Developed by experts in the industry, our online and in-person courses are available to those ages 11 and older and include topics such as choosing - age-appropriate activities, basic child care, like bottle feeding child behavior, leadership, professionalism, safety starting a babysitting business and more.
Closter Public Library
Participants have fun while learning. Some get babysitting jobs after certification.
Closter PTO Spring Affair
An American Red Cross Babysitter's Booth at the Tenakill Middle School.
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR
Patricia has been with the American Red Cross since before Hurricane Katrina (2007), employed as the customer representative in Health and Safety. She later has taken instructor courses to become certified to teach CPR, First Aid and Babysitter's Training.
Patricia's specialty is teaching the Babysitter's Training where she has trained youths throughout Bergen County of New Jersey.
You may have seen her safely crossing children for the Hillside School in Closter, NJ.
Class size 12 participants
Boys and girls enjoy learning together!
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
BABYSITTER'S TRAINING COURSE
The class participant fee includes;
The American Red Cross Babysitter's Training course is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, exciting video, role-plays and lively discussions. You ages 11 to 15, and up learn child-care, first aid, leadership and communication skills such as:
- Supervising children and infants
- Performing basic child-care skills such as diapering, feeding and dressing
- Choosing safe, age-appropriate games and toys
- Handling bedtime and discipline issues
- Caring for common injuries such as burns, cuts and bee stings
- Communicating effectively with parents
- Finding and interviewing for babysitting jobs.
- Babysitter's Training Handbook-this full-color handbook is filled with great information and resources to use in class and on the job.
- Babysitter's Training Emergency Reference Guide-this easy-to-carry, compact booklet provides step-by-step instructions to handle common emergencies such as bee stings and asthma attacks.
- Babysitter's Training CD-ROM-this new CD-ROM provides participants with the tools they will need to run their babysitting business, including an electronic babysitting client organizer; a printable activity booklet with games, crafts, songs and recipes; a resume template; interactive exercises to help reinforce skills; and more.
- American Red Cross Babysitter's Certification that's valid forever.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, contd.
The purpose of the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED is to help participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing emergencies. The course in this program teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until more advanced medical personnel arrive and take over. This program offers a choice of first aid, CPR and AED courses to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience.
Certificate Issued and Validity Period
All First Aid/CPR/AED certifications are valid for 2 years from date of course completion. Depending on the course or combination of First Aid/CPR/AED components, the following certificates will be awarded:
- Adult CPR
- Adult CPR/AED
- Child CPR
- Child CPR/AED
- First Aid
- Infant CPR
- Infant CPR/AED
- Pediatric CPR
- Pediatric CPR/AED
- Pediatric First Aid
- Asthma Inhaler Training
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training
Course lengths vary depending on course components included; from about 2 hours to just over 5 hours.
- Certification Requirements
- Attend all class sessions.
- Participate in all course activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills
- Successfully participate in an end-of-course scenario(s).